Elevation Press of Colorado
Call for manuscripts from authors and poets to appear in our Winter 2023 Anthology
Elevation Press of Colorado is accepting submissions for a Winter Anthology. Short stories and poetry must be set in the Four Corners Region, meaning Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, or Utah. Submission deadline is September 1, 2023. One winning entry will receive a $500 award. The top two dozen entries will be published and all published authors and poets will receive a copy of the Winter Anthology. A $25 submission fee is required for each submission.
Required Setting: One State within the Four Corners Region, meaning either Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, or Utah.
Thematic Choices: New Stories, or Twice-Told Legends, or Emerging Lore, or Fertile Imaginings.
Submissions must hold to the setting and touch on at least one of the aforementioned themes.
Writing must include mystic and magical elements.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE is SEPTEMBER 1, 2023.
RULES for SUBMISSIONS
The Winter Anthology will feature short stories and poetry which reflect the Western America region of the Four Corners. Each submitted short story or poem must be set in either Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, or Utah. A writer can submit either one story or one poem, but not both. Submitted works must reflect at least one of the stated themes and must incorporate elements of magic or mysticism.
Author/Poet retains all rights to their work. Author/Poet is responsible for insuring that their work does not violate another’s copyright. Writing should be new material. Previously published works are not acceptable.
Submission fee is $25. Short story or poetry submission may be emailed prior to payment, but no submission will be eligible for consideration until payment is received. No refunds will be issued.
To pay online, go to this link.
To pay by check, mail a check for $25 made out to “Elevation Press” to this address:
P.O. Box 603
Cedaredge, CO 81413
An envelope containing your mailed check must be postmarked no later than September 1. DO NOT send your anthology submission via snail-mail. NO snail-mailed short stories or submissions will be accepted.
Email short story or poetry submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The email subject line should read “2023 Winter Anthology.”
- All email submissions must include the following as email attachments:
- Your biography, not exceeding 250 words.
- A jpeg high-resolution Author/Poet headshot image.
- Your story or poem as formatted below.
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Story word-count must be 500 to 2,500 words. Poetry can be shorter.
- Your chosen theme, your title, and your name must appear at the top of each page.
- 1-inch margins all around.
- Times New Roman, 12-point type.
- Single-space your document, with no lines added before or after paragraphs.
- Single-space after periods.
- No photos or illustrations.
- Submissions must be in .doc, .docx, or .rtf files. PDF or .odt files will not be accepted.
- Hand-written or typed-and-scanned submissions will not be accepted.
No sexually explicit or abusive content is allowed. Profanity must be contextual and limited. Editor retains the right to correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation without prior notice to the writer.
Remember: the deadline for submissions is September 1, 2023.
To download a copy of these rules, click here.
(c) Copyright 2023 by Elevation Press of Colorado
One thought on “Winter Anthology Contest”
LikeLiked by 1 person